Wednesday, July 31, 2013

CHANA VEGETABLE CHAAT

I have already wrote about how cooking become my hobby and a topic of interest. Another of my interests is Travelling and photography as a hobby. I never miss a chance to have some tour never forget my trusted companion, the Camera. But contrary to my interest, I'm very unlucky in that matter and chances to have official tours, i.e. tours organized from college or institutions, are always nil. Always I miss it and now also. The recent incident is that the college I'm teaching use to organize one week tours and I was expecting to have fun during that. But as my luck favoured, that was cancelled due to some reasons. But these doesn't pull me back of my interest. I goes around on holidays and during college life, even bunking the classes (really I'm missing those days with my college friends). I have a good friends circle which is always ready to have some quick planned tours and still its same. So I have went so many places with my friends and enjoyed it to the fullest.

Even if I travel by bus or train, I never miss a chance to taste items something new (and fortunately, till this day, that didn't affected my health too). And when I plan to go to any new place, I always to a quick search on what is importance of the place, what are the sites to visit and of course, about the traditional food of the place which I always try to have a taste of. I always try to sort out the recipe of those preparations and if its an easy one, which can be made with the facilities of my bachelor kitchen, i will give a try too. Contrary to much persons going to a different place and search for their own food, like south Indian going to North Indian and searching for Masala Dosa, I also enjoys the street side chats which will be always differ from one places to another. These different tastes always pleasures me a lot.

These travel always inspired me in cooking. Seeing different persons and different places and tasting different foods as always a great experience to me. Even though I'm a big fan of spicy foods, I enjoys every tastes equally. And travelling will give u new ideas of cooking and of new dishes.

Now I'm in train on the way to home for a small vacation and in this travel I came across a new chat which is a mixture of two chats I had tasted before, i.e., Kadala Sundal, a snack from Tamil Nadu and the regular vegetables salad. But this is of a new taste and I really enjoyed it. It is an easy one to prepare and really enjoyable if you are a fan of salad and chana. I will publish the reciepe now and post the photo when I prepare it after getting home.

Now let me come to the recipe. It is an easy-to-prepare chaat recipe rich in protein and fibre content and a nice choice for my friends going for Iftar.




Ingredients:-

1. Chickpea/Bengal gram (Chana)- 1 cup, soaked overnight
2. Onion- 1 no., finely chopped
3. Cucumber- 1 no., chopped
4. Tomato- 1 no, chopped
5. Green Chili- 1 no., finely chopped
6. Coriander Leaves- a handful, chopped
7. Lemon Juice- 1 tsp. or of 1/2 lemon
8. Chaat Masala- 1/4 tsp.
9. Salt- to taste

Method:-

1. Cook chickpea along with some salt till done (3 to 4 whistles in pressure cooker at medium flame). And Keep it aside. (N.B: don't get it smashed)

2. Take chopped vegetables and cooked chickpea in a bowl and add Chat Masala and salt and mix it well. (Add 1/4 tsp. Chili powder if you need it more spicy)

3. Then add the lemon juice just before serving and mix roughly. (N.B: Will be refreshing if it is chilled before serving)

4. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve chilled.

Done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment